World Vision International Nepal Vacancy Announcement
– Nepalaya Jobs
Organization: World Vision International Nepal
World Vision is a child-focused relief, development, and advocacy organization that has contributed to the transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are driven by Christian values to serve children and families regardless of their religion, age, gender, ethnicity, class, and caste. We are looking for potential Nepalese candidates to fill out the following positions:
1. Position: Programs Development and Quality Director – One
Programs Development and Quality Director will be accountable for three major streams of work:
I ) Leading the acquisitions for all international funding streams, including but not limited to: grants from bilateral, multi-national, (international) Foundations, private and major donors; project-non-sponsorship, child-sponsorship funding, and other emerging impact investments; in order to increase resources of World Vision International Nepal to address the needs of the most vulnerable children and communities in Nepal;
2) Leading efforts to ensure all World Vision International Nepal’s Projects meeting relevant donors’, government, and World Vision International’s technical quality and compliance requirements; and
3) Streamlining World Vision International Nepal’s design, monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning systems contributing to innovative and improved evidence for quality improvement, policy influence, and international funding acquisitions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
• Master’s degree in international development, development studies/management, project management, economics, agriculture, public health, public/social policy, social sciences, or equivalent.
• At least 7- I 0 years of working in the relevant leadership/managerial position in the least developed/developing countries, preferably in the South or South-East Asia region. Must be familiar with child-focused, multi-sectoral, and integrated development programs. Similar experiences leading and implementing multi-sector in World Vision is an advantage.
• Must have proven successful experiences in coordinating and writing winning concept papers or proposals to key donors such as USAID, EU, DFID, DFAT, GAC, MFAT, Global Fund, Nordic Governments, and other donors.
• Must have proven analytical skills and relevant experience in facilitating or leading program design and evaluation, long term programs plan and strategy development, and streamlining monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning system in international organizations.
• Should have Relevant experience on external engagement including with governments and donors for project initiation and maximizing the impact on child well-being.
• Should have a good understanding of the international needs and development trends and their relevance to Nepal’s development context and good knowledge of standards and requirements of bilateral and multilateral donors.
• Must have a project or organizational leadership experience managing medium to a large team. A cross-cultural team or leadership experience is a plus. Should have the ability to manage pressures to meet tight project proposals deadline and to maintain clarity of programs and team focus.
• Travel requirement: 20%
2. Position: Policy and Communications Director – One
The Policy and Communications Director will be responsible to orchestrate World Vision International Nepal’s multi-pronged Communications, Advocacy and Campaign, Government and External Engagement Strategies and approaches to shape child-friendly policies formulation and implementation; and to promote partnership and collaboration with key stakeholders (Government of Nepal at all level, donors/development partners, peer local and International NGOs, media, private sectors, community leaders, social enterprises, etc) in order to scale up impacts of child-focused development, advocacy, and humanitarian programs — contributing the improvement of the well-being of the most vulnerable girls and boys and their families and communities in Nepal.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
• Master’s degree in public policies, social policies, law, development studies/management, political science, communication studies, social studies, or other relevant subjects.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and have more than 3 years in similar roles including leading and managing public affairs, communications, policy engagement, and other high-level engagement.
• Should have strong political negotiation and connector skills — the ability to network, negotiate, and connect with a range of political and non-political organisations.
• Must be a strong team player — must be able to form and lead a number of cross-functional working groups.
• Should be passionate about promoting collaboration and partnership on children, women, and issues of the disadvantaged members of communities.
• Travel requirement: 20 % (High-level Government, media and donor’s visits)
*Both positions are based in National Office- World Vision International Nepal, Lalitpur
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a statement of purpose’ by 13 September 2020 before 17:00 hours to the email, address mentioned below.
TO APPLY & For Details:
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently-abled, to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure. The WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
1. Plan International Vacancy Announcement
2. National Life Insurance Company Vacancy Announcement
3. United Mission to Nepal Vacancy Announcement
4. Vacancy Announcement at INGO (IFRC)
5. INGO Vacancy Announcement in Nepal