World Bank Group Vacancy Announcement
– Nepalaya Jobs
Position: Office Administrator
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In the fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty, and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC South Asia region is seeking applications for an Office Administrator role for IFC in Nepal (OA) who will primarily assist in overseeing security personnel, drivers, logistics, and office cleaning staff (outsourced). He/ she will ensure steady office and facilities supplies and manage overall office facilities (administration and maintenance). He/she will manage front office staff (reception), and handle protocol and administrative clearances. He/she will also be responsible for the coordination of visiting missions in Nepal.
Role & Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Advising and assisting the IFC Resident Representative / Head of Office in the areas of office management and administration such as front desk, travel desk, guards, drivers, kitchen, cleaning, utilities, office correspondences, etc.
• Procuring general office services (supplies, rentals, travel) and maintenance of office and residence property (office premises, housing, vehicles, equipment, and furniture); and negotiating contracts with vendors and suppliers.
• Processing necessary government clearances, licenses, inspections, registrations, and insurance in compliance with Nepali regulations. Handling visas processes, custom clearances, fiscal and another office, or staff matters relating to the government. Coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding all protocol matters (notably diplomatic office cars, required arrangements for high-level visitors.
• Hiring and managing of local temporary support staff, as required.
• Coordinating high-level visits, local conferences, and events, as required.
• Drafting correspondence on a range of topics and ensure quality of documents requiring Head of Office approval and/or signature.
• Acting as Security Focal Point for staff and visitors; liaison with relevant Government/UN agencies, providers of medical and other emergencies services;
• Maintaining various internal administrative and security guidelines and reports.
• Handling office/equipment (other than IT) operations, maintenance, and repairs; matters involve the landlord; office-related budget/expenditure matters (with the finance team). The OA will be the custodian for all physical assets, except IT.
• The OA will work in close collaboration with IBRD Resource Management and Administration staff on a number of processes relating to building /facilities, and administration issues pertaining to the co-location of IFC and IBRD offices.
READ THIS ……….
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technology and systems knowledge: Able to conduct routine work using basic software applications (Microsoft Office applications) and other relevant technology and/or database management systems.
• Project and task management: Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize own work and work of internal clients, and complete tasks within agreed schedule institutional policies, processes, and procedures.
• Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people; and has the ability to apply them in routine situations.
• Versatility and adaptability: demonstrate initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures, and technology. Is able to proactively
• Identify, prevent, and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives.
• Client Orientation: Able to interact with clients with discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates the ability to resolve complex client-related issues. Displays an understanding of relevant internal and external factors and their impact on clients.
• Ability to develop good working relationships with internal/external clients.
• Drive for Results: Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion: Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning, and Communication: Demonstrates tact and judgment, good listening and communication skills. Exhibits interest in learning and enhancing own abilities and sharing knowledge.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making: Demonstrates basic skills in information retrieval and organization, seeks guidance in complex situations.
Other Selection Criteria:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or other relevant subjects; a diploma in Secretarial Practice or equivalent is desirable
• Prior experience in the areas of logistics/project management will be very useful
• At least 3-5 years of relevant experience; experience working for a diplomatic agency or development organization will be a strong plus
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Application Deadline: 4 September 2020
1. Plan International Vacancy Announcement
2. National Life Insurance Company Vacancy Announcement
3. United Mission to Nepal Vacancy Announcement
4. Vacancy Announcement at INGO (IFRC)
5. INGO Vacancy Announcement in Nepal
HOW TO APPLY