Visit Nepal 2020 to Start from Sauraha in State-3
Chitwan – Visit Nepal Year, 2020 is set to kick-start from Sauraha in State 3. Chief Minister of the state Dormani Poudel is scheduled to inaugurate the Visit Nepal Year on January 3 in Sauraha amidst a special event.
Earlier the CM had urged entrepreneurs of Sauraha to help begin and make the Visit Nepal Year a success. The 18th elephant festival that is scheduled to start from December 26 in Chitwan will be extended by four days in a bid to coincide with the inauguration of the Visit Nepal Year, said Dipak Bhattarai, president of the Regional Hotel Association, Chitwan.
Likewise, other tourism-related programs like chariot racing, bullock cart racing, and boat race will resume this year targeting the Visit Nepal Year, he added. He said the provincial government would organize a special program to promoting Sauraha of Chitwan as the best tourism destination.
Annually, tens of thousands of tourists visit Sauraha which is adjacent to the Chitwan National Park. Tourists visit Sauraha for observing wildlife including rhinos, elephants, and tigers as well as the indigenous Tharu culture.
Events like night jeep safari, food festival, and other new activities would also be organized targeting the Visit Year. The target is to welcome 400,000 tourists in Chitwan during the Visit Year 2020.
The number of foreign tourists decreases during Christmas time as they return to their home country to celebrate the festival. “The elephant festival is organized every year with the intention that the foreign tourists who are in Nepal during that time will get to enjoy the festival and the number of domestic tourists will also increase,” Bhattarai said
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season