Vacancy Announcement at USAID
– Nepalaya Jobs
Kathmandu – USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance, and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project will strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level, Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of disaster risk management (DRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA). Locally, Tayar will support eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages to improve disaster resilience. In the event of a disaster over the life of the five-year project, USAID/Nepal may engage the program’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work closely with the Government of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical assistance, commodity support, small-scale infrastructure, and information management support. Tayar will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction activities.
Position: Front Office Associate
The Front Office Associate is responsible for providing assistance in general office management including receiving visitors and office administrative support, logistics, administration, and procurement support including stationery & supplies, coordination, and bookings of flights and accommodation, meeting logistics, repair and maintenance of office equipment, etc. S/he will be responsible for providing administrative support to both programming and operations staff to ensure efficient operation of the office. The Front Office Associate will work under the direct supervision of the Human Resource Manager.
• Manage the office reception and be a point of contact for project staff, external stakeholders and visitors
• Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence according to project policies
• Provide general support to visitors and maintain contact lists
• Demonstrate a warm, friendly and cooperative attitude with visitors and team members
• Prepare for all meetings in the project office, and manage the office reception area, perform reception duties, and receive visitors in a professional and efficient manner
• Coordinates events, meetings and logistics which includes conference room reservations, arranging for meeting refreshments, notification to members, distribution of meeting materials and minutes, and confirming participant reservations and attendance
• Provide clerical support including mailing, scanning, and photocopying for senior management
• Schedules a wide variety of activities (e.g. appointments, meetings, travel, reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for project staff as well as external stakeholders
• Make travel arrangements, including booking flights and hotel reservations for project international and home office staff according to established project policies
• Collect quotes and contact vendors pending project needs
• Maintain a proper and user-friendly filling and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents
• Oversees the maintenance of office equipment including the photocopier, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and arranges for their repair and maintenance as needed
• Follow up with vendors for after-sale service and maintenance
• Other duties as assigned by the Human Resource Manager
READ THESE VACANCIES
Others Job Vacancy related to Bank, Government, and INGO
Banking Job Vacancy for Various Positions
UN Jobs Nepal, World Food Programme
Internships Opportunities at USAID-Nepal
Jyoti Bikash Bank Vacancy Announcement
Hyatt Regency Hotel Vacancy Announcement
Practical Action Vacancy Announcement
• 4 years of administrative support experience with a bachelor’s degree.
• Previous experience working on USAID projects is preferred
• Strong verbal, writing and communication skills essential
• Excellent impersonal skills and telephone etiquette required
• Administrative, organizational and general office management skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
• Able to maintain good working relationships with team members while retaining high levels of confidentiality and discretion
• Fluency in English is required
Level of Effort, Location, and Reporting
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project on July 31, 2024. The Front Office Associate will be based in Kathmandu, with frequent travel to priority Tayar’s eight selected municipalities and occasional travel to other parts of Nepal.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an updated CV to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by February 26, 2020.
Women and persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.