VACANCY NOTICE: UNOPS
Area Focal Point, Multiple positions
* Job categories: Administration, Project Management
* Vacancy code: VA/2018/B5516/15676
* Department/office: AR, NPOH, Nepal
* Duty station: Nuwakot, Nepal
* Contract type: Local ICA Support
* Contract level: LICA-3
Duration: 1 year initially with a possibility of extension
29-May-2018 to 05-Jun-2018
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Background Information – Job-specific
The Area Focal Point will work under the overall guidance of the Project Manager and reports directly to the Project Coordinator. He/she is expected to provide clerical support in well-functioning of the Area Office in term of (i) staffs and program administration; (ii) liaison and coordination and (iii) organizing project related meetings as per the requirements of the project/ UNOPS.
> Intermediate or Diploma in Management, Administration, Development, Social Science, Architecture, Engineering or related field.
> Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience specifically in project support and administration;
> Experience in field work is required;
> Availability to be stationed in remote areas is required.
> Good knowledge of English and Nepali is required
> This post is only open for candidates who are nationals of Nepal.
– Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
– Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
– Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
– Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
– Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
– For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
– The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Application deadline : 5 June 2018
click [ HERE ] to view original vacancy for more details and application process.