Vacancy Announcement at INGO (IFRC)
– Nepalaya Jobs
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization. Our vision is to inspire, encourage, facilitate and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering, and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world. The IFRC carries out relief operations to assist people affected by disasters and crises, and combines this with development work to strengthen the capacities of its member National Societies.
Position: Sr Learning and Knowledge Management Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu
The Sr Learning and Knowledge Management Officer will work in the Nepal Consortium office based in Kathmandu. The Consortium Members (American Red Cross, British Red Cross, Canadian Red Cross and Danish Red Cross) have had a longstanding partnership with the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) having worked closely with them for several years, working alongside in the April 2015 earthquake response and recovery, as well as in the delivery of disaster risk reduction, health and community preparedness programmes. This role is based in country with regular field visits to programme areas and will work in coordination with the Senior DRR & DFID Liaison Delegate and other SURE programme team members(Disaster Resilience Programme Manager, Senior Urban DRR Officer, PMEAL Officer, Senior CEAL officer), NRCS SURE PMEAL Officer, and DFID and RMEL Unit of DFID.
The Sr Learning andKnowledge Management Officer will report to the PMEAL Manager with dotted-line reporting to the Senior DRR & DFID Liaison with oversight by Country Consortium Manager.
The overall purpose of this position is to document SURE programme’s elements of learning and knowledge management deliverables as agreed with DFID. The Sr Learning and Knowledge Management Officer will work in close coordination with SURE programme, NRCS team, BRC HQ andDFID, RMEL DRR Advisors, IOD PARC to systematically document evidence-based knowledge and its learnings generated over the years.
Job duties and responsibilities
• Systematically document evidence-based knowledge and its learnings generated over the years showcasing the programme’s contribution to impacts and resilience outcomes as per agreed methodology with RMEL and DFID SDR Programme Unit.
• Capture historical learning across SURE programme interventions in previous years showing the return on investment impacts, cost-effectiveness and sustainability.
• Develop learning and knowledge management materials and promote its dissemination with different target audience in close coordination with SURE programme team, NRCS and DFID RMEL Unit/IOD PARC.
• Support NRCS and SURE programme team inwider dissemination of evidence-based learning on urban disaster risk reduction (DRR) both nationally and internationally within the global Red Cross movement and the wider disaster management and resilience sectors.
• Carry out meta-analysis of information gathered through M&E framework and gather primary data to supplement and triangulate data generated through SURE’s M&E framework for generation of learning and communication products.
• Regular field visits to projects sites with NRCS counterparts and IOD PARC for data collection and generation of learning.
• Work closely with NRCS, IOD PARC and SURE programme team members(Senior CEALOfficer and Senior Urban DRR Officer, PMEL Officer) to develop/improve data collection tools that will allow systematic collection of evidence and data for generating learning and communication materials.
• Support in planning participatory workshops with NRCS, SURE programme team and relevant stakeholders from implementing municipalities to facilitate to collect/ collate the learnings that the project contributed to bring the change and impact and build resilience through its implementation.
• Lead in content design and production of SURE communication/visibility materials like presentations, newsletters, success stories, booklets, videos in close consultation with SURE PMEAL Officer and SURE programme members.
• Develop Terms of Reference for all communication/learning products as per SURE programme procurement plan.
• Manage contracts for learning/communication products for timely and quality delivery of products.
• Support NRCS and SURE programme team in data analysis for infographics and other tasks related to learning and communication.
• Other Tasks
• Provide support to NRCS in the event of any disaster and subsequent response operations.
• Any other tasks specific to this position to be identified and agreed upon by the job holder and line-manager.
Application Deadline: 16 August 2020
READ More ….