UNITRAV Calls on Airlines Companies not to go for Layoff
Kathmandu – Tourism, and airline entrepreneurs have been urged not to go for a layoff citing the unfavourable situation in the aftermath of fear of coronavirus outbreak.
The Union of Trekking Travels Rafting Workers Nepal (UNITRAV), the largest trade union in the tourism industry, said its serious attention has been drawn to the decision of some companies to cut off jobs of workers to cope up with the situation in view of coronavirus infection risk.
It has warned airlines and tourism companies not to take away workers’ jobs when they are facing challenges in meeting their daily needs. It may be noted that on March 6, the Airlines Operators Association of Nepal, an umbrella organization of airline service providers, announced to go on a layoff to cope with situations created by the coronavirus fear.
The UNITRAV is, however, much concerned about news reports that airline service providers are opting for cutting jobs, remuneration, other facilities and sending workers home on unpaid leave and said the unilateral decision was not acceptable to it.
“The move will push workers to a further crisis and deprive them of their bread and stakeholders concerned will be liable for any consequences if their livelihood was challenged,” UNITRAV stated. It has expressed concern over the loss suffered by the tourism industry due to the coronavirus outbreak in over 100 countries of the world.
As of Sunday, the coronavirus officially known as Covid-19 emerged in Wuhan of China in late December 2019 has spread to 101 countries and 15,836 people have been infected by it while the death toll already hits over 3,500.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season