United Mission to Nepal Vacancy Announcement – Nepalaya Jobs
Kathmandu – United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in six districts of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
1. Project Officer – Education (Woman only)
The main purpose of this position is to manage Education projects in the Cluster catchment areas as per UMN’s strategic plan, through effective capacity-building, relationship-building, project management, and provision of technical expertise.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Education or Social Sciences (with B.Ed.) with minimum of three years of working experience in education;
• Or Bachelor’s Degree in Education with a minimum five years of working experience in education;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of current education government policies, program, priorities, and issues related to school education in Nepal;
• Strong experience of project management including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, and developing proposals;
• Experience of closely working with government authorities;
• Experience with participatory whole-community assessment, design, implementation, and monitoring processes;
• Familiar with up-to-date poverty eradication strategies, policies, and development practices in Nepal and outside;
• Cross-cultural work experience preferred;
• A good trainer, mentor, and coach and eager to build the capacity of others;
• Social skills necessary to build effective working relationships with a broad range of people;
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in Nepali and English language.
READ More ….
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN policy.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, 19 August 2020. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process. Only women candidates will be considered. We especially encourage the applications from marginalised groups and from Karnali Province.
READ More ….