Nepalayajobs/United Mission to Nepal Vacancy Announcement
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards the fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate
staff work alongside local organisations in ten districts of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Programme Officer – Child Partner Communication-based in Kapilbastu (only female from Kapilbastu) Education is one of the key technical areas of UMN’s development programmes and focuses on lasting positive change in the education sector of the poorest people living in poverty. The post holder is the team member of Education technical team. The main purpose of the post is to oversee and manage the Child Partner Communication work in order to ensure active and meaningful participation of children in Child and Youth for Community Change (CYCC) project and also contribute to the implementation of UMN’s Cluster strategic plans.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Development Studies and
- At least three years of experience in child and
youth focusedproject management, administration and communications;
- Experience in children management and communication to their supporters would be an advantage;
- Experience working with various
translation relatedwork in Nepali & English, documentation and networking;
- Good knowledge and understanding of current Education issues in Nepal;
- Good knowledge and understanding of issues related to child, youth and child rights in Nepal;
organisationaland time management skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Nepali and English language;
- Facilitation, coaching, interpersonal relationship and listening skills;
- Good computer skills including MS-Office Package. Knowledge of database application would be an advantage.
- Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN standards.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualification are encouraged to apply for the position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] latest by 4:00 pm on Friday, 1 March 2019. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from women and
OTHER JOBS OPPORTUNITIES