Two Helicopters Landed in Playground
Kaski–Two helicopters have been landed on a playground due to bad weather conditions in Pokhara. The helicopters belonging to Air Dynasty and Simrik Air were landed at the Gosteghat playground on the bank of the Seti River at Lamachaur of Pokhara Metropolitan City-19 at 10.10 am today.
The choppers were returning to Pokhara airport from Annapurna Base Camp and had to force-land as Pokhara’s weather suddenly turned bad. The helicopters had carried tourists to Annapurna base camp.
The weather was clear in the morning at the time when the helicopters left for the base camp but dense fog covered the airport at the time the helicopters returned prompting the pilots to force-land.
“The two helicopters had to be asked to land on the playground as the Pokhara airport was closed due to fog cover. The helicopter pilots were in contact with the airport tower. The choppers are ready for takeoff once the weather clears,” Information Officer of Pokhara Airport Kashinath Poudel said.
Flights have been affected at Pokhara airport as of 11 am today due to the adverse weather.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season