TIA Reports Around 50% Fall in International Passengers
Kathmandu – The number of passengers for international flights from Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), the country’s sole international airport, has dropped by around 50 percent after the coronavirus creates a global health threat.
Despite a fall in the number of international passengers, the available flight schedule is encouraging or around 80 percent, the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN) said.
Only 20 percent of flights have been cut due to a fear of coronavirus, said CAAN spokesperson Raj Kumar Chhetri. As per the international aviation service standard, the total suspension of flights is not allowed and many airline service providers have cut flights schedule by giving continuity to the service.
Similarly, there is a significant slash in the two-way flights from the countries affected by the coronavirus.
It has been estimated that there would be a decrease in the financial income of the airport due to a decreasing number of international passengers.
The Tribhuvan International Airport used to make an income of more than Rs 6 billion annually in terms of airport service, but it has been projected that the income of TIA will be Rs 4 billion due to the fallout of the global spread of the coronavirus.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season