Tarakeswor’s Historical Heritages in Shade
Kathmandu – The religious, historical, touristic and cultural heritages of Tarakeswor municipality have been relegated to backburner for no adequate publicity.
Some of the heritages here are said to be on the verge of disappearance. The living historical heritages have been ignored due to lack of wider publicity, shared Tarakeswor mayor Rameswor Bohora. He said the municipality now has laid high emphasis on the conservation of heritages within the municipal territory.
Among the key heritages of the municipality are Tarakeswor Mahadev, Manamainju, Panchmane (a holy site of five Buddhas), Bhuwaneswori and Dharmasthali Mahakal.
The Tarakeswor Mahadev Temple which is also associated with the name of the municipality has come in the state of disappearance owing to lack of conservation and publicity efforts. The temple is considered to be a shrine of Hindu religious people.
The iron-made ladder on the way to the temple has also come to the sorry state of affairs. The 2015 earthquake had also caused damages to the physical structures here including huts of saints. Consequently, the civilization of Tarakeswor has come into relegation.
Likewise, the historical Jeetfurfedi located at the central part of Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park is linked with Nuwakot’s Okharpauwa. Once upon a time, the area was popular as a key trade transit. Now there is nothing but to recall the historical legacy of the place.
Hiramani Subedi, chief administrative officer of Tarakeswor municipality, said proper publicity of the historical heritage could have developed the place as an attractive tourism destination.
Buwaneswori is an important temple situated in the northern part of historical Panchmane Bhanjyang at Tarakeswor municipality-3. The temple is popular from natural, environmental and tourism viewpoints. The temple has high religious tourism potentials to bring good name to the municipality.
The Tarakeswor municipality which is located in the northern-west also has a big peace park. Located at high altitude in Tarakeswor municipality-2, Kavresthali, one can enjoy the panoramic sight-seeing of entire Kathmandu Valley.
The big peace park, newly-constructed at Kavresthali, can also be taken as a spectacular religious and touristic heritage.
Stakeholders said that the conservation and wider publicity of such heritages would contribute to the promotion of tourism
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season