Tamu Lhosar Festival Nepal
Kathmandu – Tamu Lhosar or Tamu Lochhar is one of the biggest Nepali-Buddhist festivals celebrated by the Gurung Community in Nepal and Sikkim, Darjiling too. From this day says the beginning of the GurungNew Year and is celebrated by all family members and friends gathering together to exchange greetings and well wishes. A number of fairs have organized across the state such as cultural programs, traditional food stalls, and on-the-spot competitions. Tamu Lhosar makes for one the best times to plan their trip to the hilly part of Nepal and experience unmatched hospitality of the Gurungs for travelers and cultural enthusiasts.
Tamu Lhosar makes for one the best times to plan their trip to the hilly part of Nepal and experience unmatched hospitality of the Gurungs for travelers and cultural enthusiasts.
The gorge for Tamu Lochhar is one the 15th day in the month of Poush as per Nepali Bikram Sambat Calendar. Gurung community collects at a common ground and celebrates the occasion, singing, dancing and feasting on traditional Gurung food that typically includes ‘Selroti’ and ‘Achaar’. We can see Gurung people are celebrating their festivals at Tudikhel, Kathmandu, and the capital city of Nepal.
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season