Tallest and Longest’ Bridge in Parbat
Parbat– the district in Gandaki State will be getting the country’s ever ‘tallest and longest’ bridge. The bridge will connect Badagaun of Kushma to Kukurgadhe of Baglung municipality-14 in the neighboring district Baglung.
A survey of this regard has been done. The structure will be around 525 meters long with a height of 200 meters. The Local Infrastructure Development Department under the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development had carried out the survey.
According to survey engineer Hemraj Sharma, the survey was conducted in three locations (at Kushma) that seemed suitable for the bridge construction. It is sure that the bridge will be over 500 meters no matter which location was selected for the same. The area near the Mount View Hotel at Lovely Danda is likely to be the best among three sites.
Baglung Municipality, ward No. 14 chair Chakra Bahadur KC said it would be appropriate to construct the bridge in the Kukurgadhe area as there are many human settlements there. “Expansion of the settlements and other infrastructure developments would also take place after the construction of the bridge. There is public land in other places. We should select the appropriate land that is suitable for expansion of settlement and trade and commercial activities as well,” he added.
Kushma bazaar will be directly connected to two wards of Baglung municipality once the bridge is constructed. Some 30,000 people would be benefited.
The bridge is being constructed at the initiation of the federal lawmaker of Baglung constituency no 1, Surya Pathak.
The Kushma- Gyadi bridge which is 344 meters long and at a height of 135 meters from the river is claimed the highest bridge in the country. There are more than half dozen such bridges around Kushma.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season