Several Subcommittees Formed In View Of Upcoming Buddha Jayanti
Kathmandu -Several subcommittees have been formed in view of the 2,564 Buddha Jayanti and third International Buddhist Summit. The formation of subcommittees aims to make the events successful.
According to the Lumbini Development Trust acting member-secretary Gyanin Rai, a total of 22 subcommittees have been formed targeting the upcoming Buddha Jayanti and the International Buddhist Conference.
The International Conference Management Sub Committee has been formed under the convenorship of Lumbini Development Trust vice-chair Awadesh Kumar Tripathi.
Similarly, Trust treasurer Surendramuni Shakya is the convenor of the Fiscal Management Sub Committee while the chief secretary has been appointed the convenor of State Coordination Sub Committee while Lumbini Cultural
Municipality mayor Manmohan Chaudhary has been appointed the coordinator of State Government, State no 5 Trees Transplant and Sanitation Sub-Committee.
Likewise, Federation of Nepali Journalist (FNJ) Chair Govinda Acharya has been appointed the Publicity Sub Committee.
Other subcommittees are Inter-body Coordination Sub Committee, Academic Sub Committee, Religious Puja and Anusthan Sub Committee, Works Execution Sub Committee, Stage Management Sub Committee, and Marathon and World Peace March Sub Committee and so on, the Trust Information Section said.
Security Arrangements Sub Committee is headed by the Home Ministry Joint-Secretary and Hospitality Sub Committee has been formed under the convenorship of the Foreign Ministry’s chief of protocol.
The government has announced several events under the week-long celebrations from the upcoming May 1-8 on the occasion of the 2,564th Buddha Jayanti. The main celebration has been scheduled to take place in Lumbini on May 7.
The International Buddhist Conference will take place on May 6 and 7.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season