Sculpture Workshop Gets International Recognition
Baglung – The international sculpture workshop held in Galkot, Baglung on February 17 to March 1 has gained international recognition.
The International Sculpture Symposium Alliance (ISSA) has granted membership with recognition to the workshop.
“The membership was granted as the workshop met all stipulated international criteria”, shared workshop coordinator and sculptor Om Khatry.
General-Secretary of the ISSA and Chinese sculptor Liew Yang had handed a membership certificate to the host amidst a closing ceremony of the workshop.
The ISSA is headquartered in China. Khatry, also former academy member of Nepal Fine Art Academy, said the recent workshop has drawn the attention of the international community on Nepal’s sculpture.
“Our workshop has entered into the international network. The workshop held in Nepal would also be afresh in history as other events that took place in different parts of the world before”.
It may be noted that the international organization of sculptors based in Italy had also extended support in the conduction of the workshop.
The sculptors who were selected by experts’ panel were only allowed to take part in the recent edition of the workshop. Applications for the same were solicited internationally.
The workshop that took place at Galkot municipality-5, Teuba has brought together 15 sculptors from 11 countries.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season