RTI International Vacancy Announcement
Position: Lymphatic Filariasis Survey Coordinator
The Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) Survey Coordinator will support in the implementation of high-quality survey work, data collection, analysis, and reporting in Nepal under the USAID-funded Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases | East program. She/he will provide first-line support for LF survey activities implemented by the Vector-Borne Research and Training Center (VBDRTC)and assist in facilitating learning using survey results. This role requires regular survey data analysis and identifying areas for additional support. The LF Survey Coordinator will work closely with (COP/Program Manager/ Grant Manager/M&E Coordinator) to identify how results will be used to support VBDRTC in the implementation of Act | East supported LF surveys.
This position is based in VBDRTC, Hetauda (Makwanpur), Nepal. This position will regularly report to the Act | East Nepal Program Manager and for day to day work will be responsible for VBDRTC Director.
The successful candidate will have robust data analysis expertise, excellent data management skills, strong attention to detail, and comfort working with large amounts of data at the same time. The person will coordinate among VBDRTC, Act| East Nepal, and EDCD for the successful implementation of activities assigned under respective survey grants. S/he will also be adept at utilizing data and other information for learning and adapting program activities for continual improvement. This individual must be able to collaborate respectfully with multiple team members from diverse backgrounds. Under the direction of the Act | East team, the successful candidate will see the survey execution from design to completion, through a USAID-funded grant mechanism to VBDRTC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Survey development, implementation, and outputs (60%)
• Assist VBDRTC team in developing proposals, budgets, protocols, and reports for disease-specific assessments.
• Conduct analysis of survey data to inform action-oriented conclusions and the application of learning in collaboration with Act | East Nepal team and VBDRTC.
• Engage VBDRTC in LF survey planning, implementation (eg: training and field activities, etc.), coordination, reporting, and monitoring of Act | East supported activities.
• Support VBDRTC for submission of survey outputs which include, but are not limited to, survey reports, raw survey data, and clean datasets.
• Work closely with the VBDRTC Survey team for coordination and communication with Act | East and provincial, district, and local level authorities.
• Support VBDRTC Survey team in conducting Electronic Data Capture during survey implementation, adhering to Act | East guidelines to ensure quality data collection.
Capacity Building of VBDRTC (20%)
• Work closely with the VBDRTC team to enhance the knowledge and skills required for survey proposal developments.
• Support the VBDRTC team to generate data, keep it for the institutional memory, analyze and interpret survey data.
• Provide technical support for quality report writing.
• Help the VBDRTC team to understand USAID policy and compliance requirements for the implementation of activities under grants.
Data collection, monitoring, and reporting (10%)
• Support VBDRTC in M&E activity tracking, including that activities are implemented in accordance with approved work plan, protocol, grant deliverables, and budget for the surveys.
• Performs first-line data reviews for survey activities to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
• During routine and ongoing data review, communicates any problems with data quality to the M&E Coordinator to ensure accurate data collection and reporting.
• Supervise various field activities to support high-quality data collection and reporting, identifying any challenges, and providing on-the-spot solutions.
Program learning and adaptation through data use (10%)
• Support (COP/PM/M&E Coordinator) in ensuring coordination with stakeholders’ (Ministry/partner/etc.) agreement on protocols for data collection and reporting, as well as survey design and implementation.
• Provide technical assistance to VBDRTC to submit high-quality survey reports as required.
• Contribute to learning on LF surveys by sharing experiences and lessons learned from past surveys within the VBDRTC team.
• Support VBDRTC in capacity strengthening efforts for implementation of surveys with a goal to institutionalize the knowledge and skills for sustainability by creating a resource manual.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, or biostatistics with at least 1 year of experience.
• Experience in analyzing quantitative data and synthesizing findings
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word (required) and at least one other statistical package.
• Understanding of budgeting and basic project management competencies
• Experience managing electronic data capture and working with real-time monitoring of data (preferred)
• Prior experience of health surveys will be an asset.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
• Capacity to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Strong facilitation skills preferred
• Good managerial skills
• Detail-oriented and hard-working
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting while also taking the initiative to complete assigned tasks with high quality and within tight timelines
• High level of integrity
• Ability to communicate respectfully in a multi-cultural environment
• An understanding of development issues
• Competency in English (required)
Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume with contact information to Human Resource/ Act| East Nepal via email to ActEast Nepal@np-ntd.rti.org by Wednesday, September 30, 2020. Please clearly mark “Application for Survey Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
1. Plan International Vacancy Announcement
2. National Life Insurance Company Vacancy Announcement
3. United Mission to Nepal Vacancy Announcement
4. Vacancy Announcement at INGO (IFRC)
5. INGO Vacancy Announcement in Nepal