Reconstruction of Nautale Palace, Basantapur Reach Final Stage
Kathmandu -The World Heritage-listed, Historical and Archaeological Significance Nautale Palace in Basantapur, the reconstruction process has reached its final stage. It is 90 percent completed.
The palace was damaged by an earthquake in 2072 BS. According to the Department of Archeology, the construction of the palace is being reconstructed with the financial and technical support of the Chinese government.
Chief Archaeological Officer and Spokesperson of the Department of Archeology Ram Bahadur Kunwar informed that the reconstruction of the palace has been completed 90 percent. He said, “Out of the nine floors of the palace, the eight floors have been completed, the roof work of the last floor is still pending and the work is now in the final stage.”
He clarified that the target of completing the reconstruction within the current fiscal year could not be achieved due to the Corona epidemic and lockdown. According to him, Chinese technicians have returned home due to Corona and some are working. He clarified that all the Chinese manpower will come to Nepal and the rest of the work will be completed as soon as the corona epidemic becomes normal. The palace is being completely rebuilt in the old style. The palace is being rebuilt with mud, dung, and husks on the walls, as well as iron poles.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season