REBAN Plans Valentine’s Day Food Festival in Sauraha
Chitwan – A food festival on the occasion of the St Valentine’s Day has been scheduled in Sauraha, the touristic town in Chitwan, from tomorrow.
All the preparations for the festival entitled ’14th Sauraha Food Festival’ have been completed. The Regional Restaurant and Bar Association of Nepal (REBAN) is organizing the event which will have 40 food stalls. Besides, food stalls, the exhibition of local and foreign cuisine, local art, culture, and attire is part of the festival. The festival aims to promote local tourism.
An area from Hattichowk to Dyak will have food stalls and cultural demonstrations.
According to festival coordinator Dhruba Giri, the restaurants and hotels are giving 15 percent discount while tourism entrepreneurs are offering 30 percent discount during the five-day festival period.
Mayor cup volleyball tournament, love letter writing competition, waiter race, women’s musical chair, balloon burst game for children, tug of war, inter-school dance competition and street drama and other entertaining events scheduled under the festival.
As shared by organizers, 75 percent of income to be generated from entry fee collection will be contributed to the ongoing International Gautam Buddha Cricket Stadium. The event is expected to make transactions worth around 25 million and 20 thousand people are expected to visit it.
Bagmati state tourism minister Arun Nepal will be inaugurating the festival which will conclude on February 15.
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season