Quarantine in School May Have Psychological Impact on Students : SMC Federation
Kathmandu – The child rights defenders have shown concern over the establishment of quarantine facilities in schools for long, saying it was against the notion- ‘school: the zone of peace’.
During a virtual program organized by the Community School Management Committee Federation here today, the voice was raised to manage quarantine facilities in other places than the schools because it would impact psychologically to the students.
Among some 28,000 community schools, 4,000 schools have been used for quarantine and 64 for isolation ward. Some local levels have used the schools even without informing school management committees and principals.
Chairperson of Children Zone of Peace National Campaign, Narendra Dangol, accused the government of establishing quarantine and isolation against the School: the Zone of Peace National Structure and Implementation Guideline, 2068.
Similarly, child rights defender Krishna Subedi suggested that the government could set up quarantine and isolation in hotels rather than in schools.
Experts on disaster management Shyam Gyawali said it was weakness of the government to change schools into the quarantine. It would create broader impact, he warned.
Federation Chairperson Krishna Thapa shared that the Federation had reminded the government not to place quarantine in schools from the very beginning. Growing quarantines in schools is worrying, he added.
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season