Practical Action Vacancy Announcement
– Nepalaya Jobs
Kathmandu – Practical Action is an international development organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
It helps people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
It is a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine this specialism’s to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
JOB PROFILE: REGIONAL FINANCE LEAD, NEPAL
Responsible to: Head of International Finance
Unit: International Finance Team
Please Job holder will be based in Nepal
Purpose, Scope, and Relationships
• The purpose of the role is to effectively engage, support and monitor finance activities in Regional/Country offices to ensure sound financial management, risk identification and management, compliance, high-quality planning/reporting, and financial controls.
• The scope is to provide effective hands-on support to country finance teams to meet, donor, local and group requirements. The role will engage with RCO Heads of Finance to ensure quality proposal budgets are developed, that donor reports meet required standards, strategic plans are robust and coherent with the RCO priorities, routine reports meet organizational standards and yearend accounts and audits are completed on time and with accuracy. The post holder will be responsible for the provision and analysis of sound financial and business information to support decision making.
• The key working relationships are with the Regional/ Country Office Heads of Finance (on a peer to peer basis), RCO Finance teams, Finance Systems Manager, R/CO Business development leads, International programs Team, UK/Group finance, and UK Fundraising. There is an expectation to develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, donors, partners and other INGO’s through networking. The post holder is a member of the Global Finance Management team.
READ MORE VACANCY
4. IME Group Vacancy Announcement
5. Gandaki Bikas Bank Vacancy Announcement
6. Kamana Sewa Bikas Bank Vacancy Announcement
7. Machhapuchchhre Bank Career Opportunity
8. Banking Career Opportunities at NIC ASIA Bank
Job Functions and Responsibilities
• Financial Planning and Management Reporting
• Review Regional/Country Office annual budgets to ensure that they are complete, robust and that the forecast is supported by sound assumptions.
• Provide quality assurance of R/CO monthly management accounts, data integrity, and accompanying analysis and schedules to strict monthly deadlines.
• Support finance teams to address issues identified in the review of monthly accounts. Monitor and report improvements over time
• Streamline and embed process for balance sheet reviews
• Accounting, Controls and Quality Assurance
• Advise and train finance teams on technical financial accounting issues, financial policies and processes, and tools
• Develop and report on country-specific key financial performance indicators based on focus areas of support
• Support the roll-out and monitor compliance to key policies and guidelines such as fraud prevention, money laundering, and others as outlined in the organizational finance manual.
Award budgets and reports
• To review award budgets to ensure proposals are realistic and reflect the true costs of delivery. On a risk basis, review and provide quality assurance of donor financial reports
• Monitor disallowed costs and inform the line manager.
• Maintain an overview of actual performance against award budgets over the lifetime of the contract/grants per region. Identify and flag the risks identified.
• When required, to complete and participate in due diligence processes and provide financial analysis as required.
• Support the finance teams in delivering local and group level annual audit requirements
• Maintain an overview of Internal and External audit recommendations and action plans for the R/COs.
• Follow up the implementation of recommendations from relevant R/CO audits.
• Advise Regional/Country Offices to monitor and manage their financial risks
• Assist to roll out group finance systems, systems, processes and accounting policies in line with group information requirements and international accounting standards
• Participate and deliver training and coaching as relevant.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• 3-5 years of relevant accounting and financial management experience specifically around managing the finance function and consolidating financial plans and budgets.
• Ability to backfill as business unit Head of Finance on a temporary basis
• Ability to work in a highly pressured professional environment, keep organized and manage multiple demands on time.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to coach/train others
• Strong excel, technical and accounting knowledge with attention to detail.
• Proactive and resilient, with the ability to engage others within the team and independently overcome obstacles. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Highly computer literate with the ability to use accounting systems and reporting tools.
• Knowledge of accounting standards is essential willingness to travel up to 16 weeks a year.
Behaviors & Motivations
The most important practical behaviors, for role success, are:
Qualifications: Fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
LATEST VACANCIES ………