Pokhara Tourism Council demands Rescheduling of Loan
Pokhara – The tourism entrepreneurs of Pokhara have urged the banks and financial institutions not to ask for the payment of principal and interest of the loan. During a Corona pandemic, the Nepal tourism sector has been facing a huge loss.
The Pokhara Tourism Council has made such a request saying that the banks and financial sector have been urging for payment of capital and interest by showing the reason of the end of the fiscal year. Chairman of the Pokhara Tourism Council, Chiranjeevi Pokhrel, said that an uncomfortable situation has arisen due to pressure from banks and the financial sector to pay the loan despite being aware of the situation.
Stating that banks and financial institutions have invested around Rs 75 billion in the tourism sector of Pokhara, Gopi Bahadur Bhattarai, Vice-Chairman of Pokhara Tourism Council, demanded to extend the period by two years as they could not repay the loans taken from the concerned banks and financial institutions due to corona effect. Entrepreneurs who have taken loans from banks and financial institutions have demanded to reschedule the loan repayment schedule and extend the period by two years.
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season
The council has requested to make arrangements for providing refinancing facilities to hotels, restaurants, travel, trekking, adventure activities, tourism vehicles, and other tourism-related entrepreneurs in the tourism sector in a simple and easy way.
visit nepal 2020
tourism news nepal
tourism latest news
today in nepal