Plan International Vacancy Announcement
– Nepalaya Jobs
Position: Program Coordinator (Education)
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization working in 52 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security, and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. The main program areas in its new Country Strategy are Early Childhood Development, Education, Youth Economic Empowerment, Child Protection, and Resilience, including humanitarian assistance as required.
Plan International’s new strategy is designed to promote gender transformative and inclusive quality education for all children especially for girls, children with disabilities and Dalit children. For this purpose, Plan will act at multiple levels to eliminate gender disparities in accessing quality education for all children through gender-sensitive educational contents, pedagogies and learning environments with government approved gender transformative policies, guidelines, and manuals. Moreover, Plan also engage for promoting model classrooms /schools with gender transformative pedagogies and safe learning environments; advocate for model safe schools with the target of disability and social inclusion in education and reduce the barriers for children with disabilities (CWDs) for a welcoming learning environment. Similarly, Plan strengthen the ability of girls, CWDs and Dalits to claim their rights to equal education opportunities and quality education. Education services will also improve early learning and reading comprehension of all young learners; assist completion of basic and transition to secondary education, and strengthen inclusive and gender-sensitive educational governance at school/village/municipality.
Program Coordinator (PC-Education) will support monitoring education projects (grants or SPAD) under the guidance of Head of Education. The PC-Education will spend 50% time to support Girls and Boys Learn Equally (Jumla, Dolpa, and Kalikot – NPL100444), Project implementation. She will work closely with Education Project Specialist (Jumla AO based) and provide support for DIP revision, project reports, PO preparation and also provincial level Education strategic policy dialogue, meetings, and workshop. The position holder will 50% time to monitor SPAD – Education project progress, support for influencing works at the national level and provincial level. The post holder will also support to compile good practice and support to feed them while designing a new project in the education sector. Particularly, s/he will provide support for education project activities including planning, M&E, financial management, procurement and knowledge management in close guidance of the Head of Education and Project Implementation Manager.
The position holder will also represent national level education meetings, and share the outcomes of the meeting to the Head of Education.
Description of the Role
The Program Coordinator (Education) reports to the Head of Education. S/He is a member of the Education Team.
This is a mid-level technical position supporting to ensure achievements of intended outcomes and impacts of Education Program. Working closely with Education Project Specialist and Program Coordinators (Education) of AOs under the guidance of Head of Education. S/He will technically support the preparation of various plans including annual detail implementation plan (DIP) and budget and monitoring the implanted activities, evaluating the results, communicating with the stakeholders (government agencies, NGOs, CBOs, and CSO) and service providers. The person should have a grasp of the entire project activities and initiatives and be able to provide the necessary support especially on technical aspects of the project implementation.
S/he works closely with Education Project Specialist (Jumla AO) and provides the necessary support to the partners, coach them and identify their training needs to provide/build their technical capacity. S/He will coordinate and support to conduct provincial level (Karnali province) education dialogues, provincial level education review workshop by using the good practice of the Karnali Education Project. Under the guidance of Head of Education, S/he coordinates with CEHRD particularly for Girls and boys retention policy/guideline preparation. S/he also represents Plan International Nepal in external meetings including thematic clusters as needed.
With the guidance of Head of Education, the position holder support to build a relationship with education external stakeholders, including relevant government officials, alliances, and partner organizations so that Plan could process for systematic influencing work with external partners. S/he focuses on district and local level influencing.
READ THESE VACANCIES
Design and Develop a strategy/framework
• Contribute in the process of drafting and finalizing Education program sector proposals working with program team at Field & Country Office along with partner staff and Business Development team at Country Office
• Support to ensure the Education projects have gender-sensitive education content and pedagogy, gender transformative and inclusive
• Contribute to develop strategies that support, model and advocate for disability and social inclusion in education and reduce the barriers for children with disabilities (CWDs) to ensure a welcoming learning environment.
• Support to ensure Girls and Boys Learn Equally project (NPL100444) cycle is followed including kick-off meetings/ Project Implementation Induction workshop, review of meetings, drafting of project outlines, implementation of activities, mid and end term evaluation.
• Assist to review all Filed Office projects under Education periodically and ensure project objectives are achieved effectively.
• Support to develop project outline (PO) and finalization of the detail implementation plan (DIP).
• Support to track education projects’ progress and to ensure activities carried out are of quality and implemented punctually in line with phase budget plan.
• Contribute to identifying risks and challenges in the project implementation, management and provide the solution to achieve project goal/results.
• Identify the training needs/gap of the partner staff and provide/recommend training plans to develop their technical expertise.
• Contribute for regular reviews of budgets and work plans to ensure compliance with donor-specific requirements and address any changes to the original plan in time mainly Girls and Boys Learn Equally project (NPL100444).
• Contribute for meta-analysis for preparation of policy brief to share / influence to CEHRD and province, and local government for bringing girls and boys’ school retention strategies/policies.
Monitoring and supervision
• Support to Education Project Speciality to set up learnings log continued assessment of students’ achievement of the education project, and also output progress log of the project (Girls and Boys Learn Equally project-NPL100444).
• Support to complete baseline, mid-term review and final evaluation of the project (Girls and Boys Learn Equally project-NPL100444).
• Undertake field monitoring visits and report performance against established schedules and targets of the projects
• Identifying bottlenecks of implementation and developing and taking corrective action.
• Support to update the current status of the indicators as set in the M&E framework.
• Work closely with Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Coordinator at Field Office and also with ECD and Education Program MER Specialist, and the Head of Education at Country Office to ensure that implementation of activities is done in line with M&E requirements. This includes ensuring that links exist with reporting requirements, data management, documentation of best practices, case studies and learning and as set out in plan/log frame – education program.
• Consolidate and report all education projects quarterly to the Head of Education and Education Program MER Specialist at Country Office, and Area Manager.
Working with Partnership
• Support to assess the partner’s capacity in terms of technical skills for project delivery, design a training plan to enhance their capacity and monitor it regularly in coordination Education Project Specialist (Jumla), Program Coordinators (Education – AOs/PUs) and Head of Education.
• Assist for the capacity of implementing partner organizations on strengthening gender transformative and inclusive education facilities and system for all children especially for girls, children with disabilities and Dalit children.
• Contribute to generate ideas reaching to local authorities and identify the key area to be strengthened for stronger inclusive and gender-sensitive education governance at school and village/municipal level.
• Support to disseminate the good success of the ELR project (Baglung and Myagdi) in other Plan working for communities.
Advocacy & Campaigns
• Contribute to developing priority district/local level campaigns ensuring harmonization with global/national priority campaigns in collaboration with Head of Program and Head of Influencing.
• Lead sectoral networking and representation and build relationships and alliances with relevant networks, government bodies, federations, and other agencies at district and local level.
• Lead evidence-based lobby and advocacy within the sectoral program in planning and delivering campaigning and advocacy work and ensure that program plans include influencing objectives
• Represent Plan in relevant committees, professional networks and mechanism to maintain the organization’s professional image.
• Be innovative to lead campaigns at local and advocacy for disability and social inclusion in education and reduce the barriers for children with disabilities (CWDs) to ensure a welcoming learning environment.
• Contribute to communications and media work as required.
1. Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
The position holder will work with the Technical, program, Finance and operations team at FO to achieve project deliverables in a timely and efficient manner. S/He will support the team to achieve the organization influencing goals working with Head of Influencing. S/He will work closely with the Head of Education Program for technical areas and Area Managers to support project implementation, progress monitoring, budget spending/ liquidation, donor compliance, and reporting. S/He will work and coordinate with other Heads of Program including Field Implementation and Partnership Manager as needed.
The position holder will represent Plan International Nepal’s internal and external networks within the district and local level to develop strategic relationships with stakeholders, including government officials, UN agency, other like-minded organizations, and partner organizations. S/He will establish a good rapport with civil society, local level government agencies, policymakers at the provincial level, multilateral agencies, academics, Community people, Private sector and Chamber of Commerce at district and local levels.
Education Qualifications and experience
• Master’s Degree in Education or equivalent relevant field
• At least 4 years of demonstrated experience in the field of education project management and implementation
• Proven experience of managing team, budgets, and other management domains
• Work experience on local level partnership/coordination
• Experience of working with coalitions and networks
• INGO work experience preferred
• Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
• Ability to build effective relations for influencing and teamwork.
• Excellent organization and prioritizing skills
• Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali
• Innovative and creative thinking with problem-solving
• Managing work relationships (internal/external), coordination and networking.
• Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
• Report writing and documentation.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
• Comprehensive understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of National Education program, project and policies
• Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women, and families
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development
• Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice
• Good understanding of the development and NGO sector.
Attitude and Behaviours
• Respect and promote marginalized people; men/women’s & Boy /Girls’ youth and young women and recognize their capabilities and ideas.
• Takes responsibility for social change, gender sensitive and transparent.
• Taking the initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results.
• Strives for quality in all they do, respecting deadlines, working continuously to improve performance.
• Takes responsibility for their actions, and learn from behavior, successes, and failures.
• Supports gender equality, diversity and multi-sociocultural and challenges forms of inequality or harassment.
• Encourages children young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them.
• Listens to and understand the views of colleagues and partners. Draws on their experience and learning to ensure high quality and result oriented work.
• Ability to build, nurture and manage the team.
• Ability to work comfortably and sensitively across cultures.
• Uses evidence-based results to make choices and drive change.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
• Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including sponsors and donors.
• Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
• Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
• Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
• Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
• Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
• Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
• Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
• Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
• Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
• We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
• We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
• We support children, girls, and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
The position is based in Field Office/Program Unit of Plan International Nepal with frequent travel to project areas, community.
Last date to apply: 26 July 2019
1. Banking Career Opportunity NIC ASIA Bank
2. INGO Vacancy Announcement at UNICEF Nepal
3. Vacancy Announcement at Janata Bank Nepal
4. Century Commercial Bank Vacancy Announcement
5. Banking Job at Himalayan Bank Limited
6. TAAN to Organize Trekking Guide Training
7. RBB Merchant Banking Vacancy Announcement
8. Himalayan Airlines Vacancy Announcement