Over 57,000 Tourists Visited Mustang in 2019
Kathmandu: Over 57,000 foreigners have visited Mustang district in 2019, according to the chief of Jomsom Office of Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) Tulasi Dahal.
Dahal revealed that a total of 57,565 foreigners arrived in Mustang in 2019. ACAP has been maintaining records of foreigners visiting Mustang district from its offices at Jomsom and Kagbeni.
However, the number of tourists visiting the Mustang district in 2019 has decreased compared to the previous year. In 2018, altogether 59,838 visitors had reached the Himalayan district.
Ram Bahadur Gurung, a hotelier from Lho Mananthang, asserted that change of the trekking route into the motorable road and fee hike in Upper Mustang is to be blamed for a decrease in tourists arrival.
Indian tourists make the largest portion of visiting Muktinath, a common religious destination for both the Hindus and Buddhists. Records reveal that visitors from SAARC countries have increased while the arrival of visitors from western countries is on the decline. Nearly, 4,000 tourists have visited Upper Mustang, ‘the semi-prohibited zone’, during the review period.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season