Nepal Postpones Sagarmatha Sambaad amid Coronavirus Fears
Kathmandu – The government has decided to postpone the hyped first edition of Sagarmatha Sambaad, a global dialogue event that it is planning to host every two years, owing to the global threat of novel coronavirus.
Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Gyawali made the announcement during a press meet in Kathmandu on Monday. The event was scheduled to be held in Kathmandu from April 2 to 4.
The government had planned to focus this edition on the impacts of climate change on mountains. It had hoped that it would raise various concerns over the issue and seek support from the international community to combat climate change effects.
The minister did not announce when the event would take place next.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season