Kanti Lake Becoming Tourism Hub
Banke – ‘Kanti Lake’ which is located between ward 21 and 22 of Nepalgunj sub-metropolis is being reconstructed to revitalize its glory as a tourism hub.
The lake rejuvenation has started at the cost of around Rs 95 million under the aegis of the sub-metropolis, informed mayor Dr. Dhawal Shumsher Rana. He shared the target is to complete lake reconstruction within one and a half years.
The lake was known to be ‘Puraina’ or ‘Puraini’ lake. Its name has been changed into Kanti Lake when the sub-metropolis took initiative to develop it as a tourism hub. The lake lies on the corridor of Rapti road in 2.5 km east from Dhambojhi chowk of Nepalgunj.
The lake is stretched over 25 bigha area including 17 bighas in ward 22 Puraini and 8 bighas in ward 21 Puraina.
As a natural lake, it was used for agro irrigation in the past. The lake was also given on lease for fish keeping from 2039 BS to 2072 BS. Later the sub-metropolis floated a plan to develop the lake as a tourism spot.
“Before 2039 BS the lake area was popular as a habitat for elephants. Various species of birds used to be spotted in the area. The lake was covered with green grass”, said ward 22 chair Bidya Ram Barma. “The reconstruction will revitalize the elegance of the lake”, he expressed his confidence.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season