Himalaya Airlines Resumes Flights to Malaysia
Kathmandu – Himalaya Airlines has restarted direct flights to Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. The airlines, set up with a joint investment of Nepal’s private sector and China, resumed direct flights to the Malaysian capital from Monday, Himalaya Airlines stated in a press release Wednesday.
It had started a first direct flight to Kuala Lumpur since February 10, 2017, but suspended the service from November 2018 after the government stopped providing labor permits to workers going on foreign employment to Malaysia.
Himalaya Airlines said it now resumed the direct flights in the run-up to the Visit Nepal Year 2020 to draw tourists from Malaysia to Nepal and contribute to tourism promotion. The airlines’ company will operate flight to Kuala Lumpur on Monday and Tuesday.
“We are very pleased to resume direct flights between Kathmandu and Kuala Lumpur. Flights between these two destinations will provide important business opportunities to passengers from both countries. It will play a significant role in promoting bilateral trade, human resources, and tourism,” Himalaya Airline’s company vice-chairman Bijaya Shrestha said.
The airlines’ company, established in August 2014, is currently operating flights to eight different destinations from its three A 320 aircraft. It operates flights to Abu Dhabi, Dammam, Doha, Dhaka, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Guiyang, and Changsha.
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season