Helen Keller International (HKI) /Nepal, an International non-profit organization (INGO) works to improve the sight and lives of the vulnerable by combatting the causes and consequences of blindness, poor health and malnutrition through public health approaches, build capacity of organizations, and contributes to policy changes through systems strengthening and operations research. HKI/Nepal’s nutrition is the largest portfolio and in partnership with the USAID funded Suaahara II and Sabal programs HKI/Nepal currently implements health and nutrition programs across 46 districts of Nepal.
HKI/Nepal is currently seeking applications from qualified, experienced and self-motivated candidates for a Consultant Research Analyst to support a newly funded research project ‘Strengthening Economic Evaluation of MultisectoralStrategies for Nutrition (SEEMS-Nutrition)’as stated below.
Research Analyst – 1 (Kathmandu)
The consultant will be involved in supporting cost data collection of multisectorinterventions. He/she will work with the evaluation team to:
- Support the adaptation and pre-testing of cost data collection tools;
- Carryout data collection activities;
- Help develop/adapt cost data entry of excel-based forms and conduct data entry;
- Perform data analysis under supervision of technical lead;
- Assist with other project related tasks as needed.
- Requirementfor the role
Education: Master’s degree in public health, health economics, economics, or a public policy related field with strong economic skills.
- 3-5 years experience in developing data collection tools and guidelines for facility-based surveys, focus group discussions.
- Experience in data collection using household or facility surveys.
- Experience conducting focus group discussions and semi-structured interviews.
- Data entry and analysis experience using Excel and other statistical software packages, e.g. Stata, SPSS, or other software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with nutrition, agriculture, WASH and other multi-sector programs in Nepal.
- Travel will be required.
- Skill in protocol development for collecting primary data low resources settings.
- High proficiency in Excel.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Submission to: [email protected]
- A cover letter
- Updated CV
- Minimum of three reference contact details (mobile and e-mail), including
Deadline for Submission: COB February 06, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process.
Helen Keller International promotes workforce diversity and is an equal opportunities employer