Guru Poornima Vyasa Jayanti
Pokhara – Literally, Guru refers to the ‘divine light’ which erases ignorance, darkness, and sufferings. Guru Poornima is dedicated to Veda Vyasa commemorating his birth anniversary on Asad full moon of Vedic calendar. Maharsi Veda Vyasa- born in Damauli Nepal- is the compiler of the 4 Vedas; the source of all the literature, religious texts, and scientific discoveries. We would be in the jungle, had he not provided the Vedas; constitution of human beings, books of light or books of wisdom. The foundation of entire humanity is the Vedas. However, it is so pitying that so-called modern world is unknown about Veda Vyasa- all human being’s Guru. By the way, uttering pious world ‘Guru’ to any long beard man is a huge misconception. They are themselves groping in the windy night and how can they lead you to the path of truth. Your divine light ‘Guru’ is within you- just you need to lit with self- realization.
VEDA VYASA is not the name but the title given to a saint who is the knower of everything (Rishi). Vedas means books of light or books of wisdom. It is the instruction from God -the constitution of human beings. The 28th Veda Vyasa (Shree Krishna Dwapayan) was born in Damauli Nepal and other 27 Veda Vyasa’s were also born in Nepal. Manu, Ushna, Brihaspati, Sabita, Yama, Indra, Bashista, Sarswat, Toriyama, Tribrisa (Rishabh), Bhardwaj, Dharma, Surkshus, Traiparuni, Dhanjaya, Kritanjaya, Bhardwaaji, Gautama, Uttam, Wachadashrwasaven, Trinabinu, Balmiki, Shakti, Parashar) are the Veda Vyasa’s prior to Krishna Dwapayan. There is crystal clear evidence of those Rishimunis (Veda Vyasa’s) like; Manu was born nearby Mt. Manaslu, Dhanjaya at Dhankuta (Dnanjaya Kuti, later became Dhankuta), Bhardwaj Rishi at Bhardaha neary by Koshi tappu, Balmiki at Trivenidham, Parasar Rishi at Nawalparashi, Bashista Rishi at Biratnagar. All the Veda Vyasa compiled the 4 Vedas, 18 Puranas, Vedanta, Upanisads time and again. Long before, Vedas were not in written form just ‘Sruti’ (ongoing mouth to mouth process) and only the 28th Veda Vyasa was able to give us Vedic teachings in written form as per the evidence available. The evidence of written Vedas goes back to at least 24,000 yrs old. We can simply presume from 7603 chronological recorded history of Nepal (found at Pashupatinath premises) commenced with the statement “…. entering to Kali Yug’. Remember, there were other two Yugs (era), Dwapar and Treta yug before Kali.
DAMAULI: BIRTHPLACE OF MAHARSHI VEDA VYASA
The four Vedas (Universal wisdom) is the detail explanation of the Vedic Sanatan Dharma (the flow of cosmic energy) which is strictly followed by Hindu (the oldest religion) and all the religions of the world. It is the key of the whole human civilization; a hub of all the discoveries, the essence of the whole existence. Vedas are but the science of life and the world. Born in Damauli Nepal, Veda Vyasa is the compiler of the 4 Vedas (Rig-Veda, Ajurveda, Samveda, Atharveda), 18 Puranas, Vedanta Sutras and Mahabharat Epic. He is believed to be the incarnation of supreme Narayana and also considered to be one of the Chiranjivis (immortals). The festival of Guru Purnima is dedicated to him.
Crystal clear evidence shows that Veda Vyasa was born in Damauli of Nepal as the son of Matsyagandha (Satyawati) and Parisar Rishi. The ancient mythology says “Parisar Rishi was lured by a beautiful girl (who was ferrying the saint) and enticed for lovemaking. Matsyagandha denied as she was too young for lovemaking and people could see at day time. Parisar sage instantly created a cloud in the surrounding and prepared a nice environment for lovemaking. As a result, Veda Vyasa was born as a human being”. Google and Wiki should explore the facts before spreading a rumor from the Indian government. One can see Vyasa cave in Damauli in the confluence of Seti and Madi River as stated in the ancient Sanskrit verses. May all researchers come to Damauli and see the crystal clear evidence and end the topic of misconception.
• Vayupuran says “Ganga Yamuna Saraswoti yo Dwaparesmin Yamuna tatesbhuta parasarat Satyavati prasut: Sa wao samartho Bhagawan babhuwa Bedasya bistar Karo Damaulyam: Yeti tarasya yamuneti Madi Saraswati begawatiti seti, tatsangam diwp bhawasya Tasya Dwaiyapanakhya prathima jagatyam!!
• The Sanskrit slokas”Antarale Mahanadho Gandaki Shula gandayo- Parkot bhidhasta syadesh sarbatra visrita” describes the exact location of Damauli. Till today, there is a place-name called Parkot, Chudi, Gandaki, Seti river, Madi River which is in Gandaki district of Nepal.
Both inscription and Puran verses explain that Veda Vyasa was born in Nepal. Hence, residing inside the cave he compiled the 4 Vedas and 18 Puranas. In fact, he was the incarnation of Lord Vishnu himself who came in Dwaparyuga to make all the Vedic wisdom in written form. Vedic wisdom was available only in the sound form before his noble deed. He scripted Vedas in the Sanskrit language in order to allow people to understand the divine wisdom. It is the holiest and oldest book ever made for mankind. They have words called ‘mantras’ which are chanted in religious ceremonies. The Vedas contain hymns, incantation, and instruction for rituals / daily life. Indeed, it is the constitution of human beings- coeval with the universe. May you understand that Vyasa is not the name but the title given to the person who is the knower of everything. Shree Krishna Dwapayan, the 28th Veda Vyasa was born in Damauli Nepal approximately 6000 yrs ago and other 27 Veda Vyasa’s was also born in Nepal.
READ THESE ALSO
1. GURU The Divine Light: Guru Brahma Vishnu Maheshworaha
2. Barahachhetra Ancient Vanarashi in Nepal
3. KNOW NEPAL as Spiritual Tourism Destination
4. Yoga & Meditation for Noble Cause
5. Misconception Of Yoga – Meditation
6. Nepali Namaskar Culture, Why Nepali Using this?
WHAT IS VEDA?
The Sanskrit word Veda is formed from three letters (ba+i + da) which mean books of light or books of wisdom. In fact, it is the cosmic vibration but when we are unable to understand cosmic language Maharshi Veda Vyasa came down on earth and compiled the 4 Vedas. It is the instruction from God, the constitution of entire human beings explaining problems and solution regarding life and the world. Vedas are Anadi (which has no beginning and no end), Nitya (eternal), so Vedas manifest themselves after each deluge (Pralaya). Hence, Vedas is but the cosmic science so what is not in Vedas; source of all the literature, religious texts, and scientific discoveries. It was compiled by Maharshi Veda Vyasa born in Damauli Nepal in the previous eon.
1. Rigveda: Rig Veda mainly contains hymns and prayers through mantra chanting dedicated to the worship of universal forces usually referred as Rig or demigods; Sun, Aum Sound, Nagas (serpent energy), Air, Water, Earth, Ether, Gravitational forces, etc. It is the collection of 1028 Vedic hymns and 10,600 verses in the Sanskrit language. From the very beginning, it praises to The Creator and HIS creation.
2. Yajurveda: The word ‘Yajur’ itself means ceremony so, it describes the procedure of performing rituals (birth- marriage- Funeral), Purification of body-mind-soul, Worshipping (Yagya-Pooja) process for the creator, ancestors. It tells about linguists; grammar, phonetic symbols, rhyme- verse. Yajurveda explains the meaning of religious symbols viz. Aum, Shiva (Lifeforce), Shiva-linga (Union of cosmic vibration and nature), Swastika (Symbol of creation), Trishul (Trident), Mandala (Mystic diagram), Ashtanga (Endless Knot), Shankha (Conch), Satkon (David Star), Garuda (the invisible bird). Such spiritual symbols are accepted by all the ancient culture and prevailing religion around the world.
3. Samveda: Literally ‘Sam’ means music-dance-bhajan so, it talks about art, music, literature, humanity, philosophy and all the scientific discoveries. Sa, Re, Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni is the basic musical note for any musical instrument, singing, and dancing. Samveda has explained that man and woman are the two sides of the coin or two wheels of a cart. The existence is not possible in the absence of a man or vice-versa. Therefore, it is useless to create an issue of women empowerment. God has created with 50 /50 energy not even 1 point less So, why to raise propaganda about women empowerment? Just we need to understand and respect both gender equally. Samveda strongly talks about scientific discoveries. We used to have all scientific tools; (Wi-Fi, T.V, Phone, Computer, Aeroplane, Telescope, Medical instrument and what not- more than today’s modern technology.
4. Atharvaveda: It is the Vedic Science that deals with Ayurveda (science of health), Yog-Dhyan (Yoga & Meditation), Astrology (Constellation and planetary movement), Vashtushastra (Fengsui- the science of architecture), Astronomy, Kama-sutra (the art of lovemaking), Reiki, Tantra-Shamanism, Law, Banking- Business, Economics, Politics, Agriculture and what not? These were the subjects taught at Nalanda University of Greater Nepal 700 BC.
People from around the globe used to come and study these subjects as this was the only university in the world. Chinese came and studied Vastushastra and interpreted in their own language ‘Fu Sui’ which means the flow of wind and water or we need to make a house according to the flow of nature. Now, the entire world knows that Fengsui started from China but they do not know that the Chinese came and studied Vashtushastr (fengsui) in Nepal. Similarly, Indian learned Yoga-Meditation, Ayurveda, Astrology but people do not know that such Vedic wisdom started from Nepal. Westerns came and studied astronomy, mathematics and were able to discover few scientific discoveries. What modern science has discovered (it is not an invention at all) is everything mentioned in Vedic texts. By the way, it would be nice to quote a few Vedic Verse extracted directly from the Vedas and let the people ponder and wonder.
• Rigveda Chapter 8 Verse 12. 30 “Yeda Suryamamum Divi sukram jyotirdharaya aadite wo:” which means O’ God you have created the Sun and other spheres and render them steadfast by your power of attraction.
• Rigveda Chapter 8 Verse 12. 28 “Yeda te haryata Hari bandhate dive Aadita te viswa bhuwanani yemire” which means – All planets remain stable because as they come closer to the sun due to attraction their speed of coming closer increases proportionately.
• Rigveda Chapter 10 Verse 149. 1 “Sabita yantrai parthivimaram nadaskambhane Sabita dauamadamhata. . . which means – The sun has tied Earth and other planets through attraction and moves them around itself.
• Rigveda Chapter 1 verse 163. 1 ” Yadakranda parathama jayaman udayata samudaduta wa puripata.”-. (the first life has generated in water).
• Rigveda Chapter 10 Verse 27. 23 “Dewanam mane parathama atisthana kantartradesumu par udayana / tarayestapani parthivimanupa dawa bukam warhata puriyama.” (The first created water consist of H2O, it has been expressed by three warm the earth while holding water reservoir and from their separation came tho things and two of these convey the murmuring moisture is H & OH ions. It expresses the phenomena of ionization.
• Rigveda Chapter 1 verse 163 / 13 “Panchare chakre paribartamane tasminna tasyubhrvanani viswa / Tasya nakshastapyete puribhara sanadeva na shiryate samabhi” (Sun moves in its orbit which itself is moving. Earth and other bodies move around sun due to force of attraction because Sun is heavier than them.)
• Rigveda Chapter 1 Verse 164 / 7 “Yiha warawitu ya yimanga Vedasya, Vamasya nihitam pada wae:” [Photosynthesis process is possible only by the Sunlight.
• DNA = Tawasta viwasya which explains about DNA pattern in life.
• Ecosystem = “Jiwo Jivasya Jivanama” which means one living being is good for another living being.
• The moon shines only by receiving sunlight- Rigveda Chapter 1 Verse 84/ 15
• Rotation of our earth and the occurrence of a solar eclipse has been described in Rigveda Chapter 5 Verse 4- /8
• Difficult to digest for the modern science but Ashwini Kumar had joined the cut off the head. Rig veda chapeter 10 Verse 48/ 2
• “Dhyanam gatika Sastime wa cha ” means soundless clock by Scientist Rhibhu
• Anashwojata anabhishurukthyo rathastrichakra: (An aeroplane that fly with solar power made by Rhibhu scientist)
• Byomayanam bimanam wa purbamasitma hi bhuja: (Soundless aeroplane made by Raibha.)
• Jalasuryam marichyasti yatsukshmam drisyate raja: (Rays and atoms)
• Akristashaktishcha mahitaya yata khastham gurutwabhimukham swoshaktya ; Aakrisyate tat patatiwa bhati same samantata kwo patatwiyam khe. (Planets are attracted each other but centralising all gravity force to Sun-) Aryabhatta & Bhaskaracharya
• Yikchhanswosya yachhira (Surgery/ medical science) Rigveda: 1 verse 84/14
• Parakaya prakas (entering soul to another’s dead body) Ayam matayam pitayam jiwaturagatam Rigveda chapter 10 Verse 60/ 7 (introducing parents to re given life to corpse)
• Gudam suryam tamaschchhannama (solar eclipse)
• Aprabratena turiyena (Telescope to watch) Rigveda chapter 5 verse 40 /5
• Sahasrakhara samyukto ratho meghasamaswana: (Boeing that sounds like thunder) – Vayu Puran
• Kailasaparwatam gatwa Vijitya narawahanam- bimanam puspakam tasya kamagam wai jahara ya: A group of saints flew towards Mt Kailash riding on Pushpak viman) — Agnipuran
• Bhanu Aumkarya states that Sun creates Aum sound and NASA has proven now that the Sound of Sun is AUM. Another statement, “Aum bhau rakta varna Namaha” I pray to the planet Mars which has a red color like blood. They knew about the color of Mars in those days whereas modern science knew about the color of Mars only in 2004.
Hence, Vedic wisdom is an ocean of wisdom for entire mankind which gives detail explanation of Astronomy, Astrology, Ayurveda, Vashtushastra (fengsui), philosophy- life quests, politics, economics- business, law, art- music-literature, Reiki, Tantra-Shamanism, Yoga-Mediation and what not. Einstein’s theory of relativity E=mc2, Newton’s gravity, Quantum physics, infinity, universal logos in nature, the algorithm used in computer, the mathematical sequence in nature as explained by Fibonacci was already explained in Vedas. These subjects were taught at Nalanda University – the first and the biggest university in the world which was in Greater Nepal.
TUSHITA – NEPAL
(The School of Life)