Full-size Statue of Late Adhikari Unveiled
Pokhara–A full-size statue of the then Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Rabindra Adhikari, who had lost his life in a helicopter crash last year, has been unveiled today.
Chief Minister of Gandaki State Prithvi Subba Gurung unveiled the statue of Adhikari at Pokhara Metropolitan City-18. The statue was constructed by National Luminary and Martyrs Park Management Committee.
Gandaki state government had provided Rs 1.5 million in support of the construction of infrastructures including statue at the Park premises.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Gurung said that the path shown by Adhikari for prosperity and development should be followed by all.
Saying that translating unfulfilled dreams of Adhikari is the common responsibility of all the recalled Adhikari as a developer advocate.
He stressed that people’s representatives should be active in favor of the people and country, adding that commitments made during the election should be fulfilled.
Stating that the constitution should be amended as per the nation’s need, the Chief Minister expressed the view that it should not be amended on the basis of personal interest.
Likewise, lawmaker Khagaraj Adhikari expressed commitment to remain active and untiring to fulfill the dreams of late Adhikari.
Similarly, Minister for Internal Affairs and Law of Gandaki state Hari Bahadur Chuman and Mayor of Pokhara Metropolitan City Man Bahadur GC said that it would be a true tribute to late Adhikari if the paths shown by Adhikari were followed.
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season