Dust-free Kathmandu Campaign Challenged by Road Potholes
Kathmandu – The Kathmandu Metropolitan City is facing an adverse condition to operate broomer machine in inner roads. Potholes in inner roads are yet to be mended and the situation has posed a challenge to operate broomer service smoothly for cleaning up road dust.
The Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) office has been operating seven broomer machines for a year in a bid to realize the plan of dust-free Kathmandu. But its results are seen only on major roads.
The responsibility for the management of roads with eight meters width is of the KMC office. According to KMC Environment Department chief Hari Kumar Shrestha, the campaign to making Kathmandu dust-free has been challenged as potholes in auxiliary roads remain as it is. However, the use of broomer on large roads continues. Main roads generally do not feature potholes. Works of maintaining roads’ beauty are going on. Though the present condition is not sufficient to be satisfied, the condition of Valley roads has improved.
The restoration of Valley roads is the priority of the government and in the past 100 days, 9,500 potholes were mended. However, the condition of inner and auxiliary roads has not improved yet.
The government aims to blacktop 85 kilometers of road in the Kathmandu Valley until the end of the current fiscal year. KMC said the mending of small roads has not caught the attention of authorities concerned and it has been facing to clean those roads with the help of boomer machines.
However, dust pollution in the major roads has been gradually vanishing.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season