COVID-19 Pandemic: Five Border Entry Points Shut
Baitadi–Five entry checkpoints, linked with Indian border, here have been shut to ward off COVID-19 pandemic. The checkpoints set up at Pancheswor, Shivanath rural municipality and Dasharathchand municipality have been closed down keeping in mind the sensitivity of possible outbreak of coronavirus.
Chief of Baitadi District Coordination Committee Siddharaj Bhatta informed that the river banks which are being traveled through boats have been shut down for the time being.
The entry points have been closed at Balara, Dharam, Dhoya, Kusmat, and Khairanighat. The movement to and from the transit points has been restricted to keep precautions of a virus outbreak, shared health office in-charge Yogesh Prasad Bhatta.
Meanwhile, preparation is underway to set up health desks at four border checkpoints in the district. The desk, however, has been in place at main checkpoint Jhulaghat since 22 February. A decision was made to operate health desks in four other checkpoints at Tallosworad.
Dasharathchand municipality, health office, and district hospital are jointly operating the help desk at Jhulaghat.
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season