Corona Effect All-Pervasive in Annapurna Trek
Manang–The Annapurna trekking route has seen no human mobility due to fear stemming from the global epidemic of coronavirus. The Annapurna circuit trek, which starts with counter-clockwise from Lamjung district headquarters, Beshisahar, ends at Pokhara in Kaski.
There used to be a huge inflow of tourists to the trek during the season in past years. However, the trek in this season seems to be void. Surprisingly, there is no mobility of tourists trekking to Manang via Lamjung Besisahar, Khudibhulbhule, Bahundanda and Jagatchyamche.
The tourism and hotel entrepreneurs here have been disappointed due to almost-no arrival of tourists and trekkers. According to tourism entrepreneur Binod Gurung, last year the hotel rooms were fully occupied and there was a situation to accommodate tourists under the tent but this time almost all rooms are empty. Similar are the stories of other hotel entrepreneurs.
Another hotel entrepreneur Mingmar Lama said tourists’ arrival to the trekking route is declining day after day due to reasons including excessive snowfall and epidemic. The trek route is seen with no tourists in the season, he added. “We are fearful of disease transmission rather than drop-in tourists’ arrival”, he said.
Meanwhile, the Manang district administration office has called for locals to remain cautious of tourists and adopt alertness measures about spreading coronavirus.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season