Career Opportunities at USAID’s Project
– Nepalaya Jobs
Kathmandu – KISAN II Project Vacancy for the Post of Enabling Environment Director:
POSITION TITLE: Enabling Environment Director (D3)
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
The Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II Project is a USAID Feed the Future (FTF) initiative in Nepal. The aim of KISAN II is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the FTF zone of influence. The $32.7 million project is implemented by Winrock International in collaboration with five other Nepali and US based organizations: Center for Environmental and Agricultural Policy, Research, Extension and Development (CEAPRED), Development Project Service Center (DEPROSC), Digital Green, Siddhartha Inc, and Overseas Strategic Consulting (OSC).
KISAN II aims to work with private sector to play a catalyst role in agriculture productivity, competitive market systems, a stronger enabling environment to agriculture sector business growth and literacy skills. KISAN II focuses on 21 districts in the West, Mid-West and Far-West regions and four earthquake-affected districts in the Central region.
KISAN II aims to strengthen the enabling environment for agriculture growth and competitiveness. The project will support public-private sector collaboration to align with Government of Nepal (GON) policies, regulations, administrative procedures, and investment strategies to support this objective. The Enabling Environment Director will provide overall technical leadership, strategy, and managerial direction to policy activities.
• Work with private sector, GON, and USAID to identify, assess, and prioritize system-level enabling environment barriers to agriculture competitiveness. Barriers that need to be addressed may exist at the municipality, provincial and/or national levels. For example, barriers may be related to food safety standards, grading, storage and warehousing, rural infrastructure management, finance, intuitional capacity etc.
• With input from the private sector, GON, and USAID, provide support for enabling environment issues that are high priority to KISAN II stakeholders. Activities will include developing a clear policy road map for each issue, identifying key milestones to be achieved, identifying partners at the firm, industry, government and donor levels, and describing assessments that will need to be undertaken by the project to inform stakeholders.
• Assess the advocacy capacity of private sector industry associations and identify capacity building needs that will strengthen their capacity to inform government priorities and investments in the agriculture sector.
• Foster strong relationships with GON counterparts at the municipal, provincial and national levels. Work with them to evaluate capacity gaps and identify areas where KISAN II assistance is needed. This should be a participatory process and focus on how GON can facilitate private-sector-led agriculture growth.
• Facilitate donor coordination efforts related to policy, identifying areas where KISAN II can leverage efforts of other donor programs to avoid unnecessary duplication of efforts.
• Supervise Senior Policy and Program Advisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Master’s degree in relevant field, PhD preferred.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• At least 12 years of relevant experience.
• Experience working with the Government of Nepal and the private sector to improve the enabling environment related to agriculture
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written with fluency in both English and Nepali required.
• Ability to handle fast-paced,multi-faceted workload
• Ability to translate policy into action
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor approval.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can post their cover letter and CV to Jobs.KISAN@winrock.org on August 08, 2020. Applicants should reference Enabling Environment Director(D3) in the subject line. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained
READ More ….
how to get a job with usaid
usaid contractor jobs
how to get hired at usaid
u.s. embassy jobs