Buddha Statue Placed at The Entrance of TIA
Various activities are being carried out to turn Tribhuwan International Airport into a boutique airport. Meanwhile, a huge statue of Lord Buddha has been placed in the entrance of Tribhuwan International Airport.
Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Yogesh Bhattarai inaugurated the statue on Saturday. The message of ” Welcome to the land of Lord Buddha” is written in the upper part of the statue. During the inauguration program, Minister Bhattarai said that now tourists visiting Nepal will feel that they have arrived at the birthplace of Lord Buddha. This is placed to give the message that Buddha was born in Nepal. The statue costs around 7 million rupees and is designed by Amir Shakya.
The government is transforming the airport into a boutique airport by targeting Visit Nepal Year 2020. They are also preparing to manage the garden and place the statue of Rhino. The terminal building of the airport is also being decorated with various statues and arts.
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season