Bhadrapur Airport Back into Operation
Jhapa – Bhadrapur Airport in Jhapa district has come into operation from today 22 November after being closed down for 10 days.
The airport was shut for repairing and upgrading the runway and it has been opened from today with the completion of the repair and upgrading works, Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN) Chandragadhi office has stated.
Purna Chudal, chief of CAAN Chandragadhi office, said that the 1500 metres long and 30 metres wide runway of the airport has been repaired and upgraded after 12 years. According to him, the renovated runway will next have to be repaired after 20 years.
He said the repair and upgrading of the runway cost Rs 102.3 million. Expansion of aviation fuel facility, fire engine, expansion of the runway and airport building upgrading works were carried out. The airport was closed from November 12 to 21.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season