Beni-Jomsom Road Resumes
Myagdi – The Beni-Jomsom road that connects the trans-Himalayan district of Mustang with the rest of the country has been opened for traffic after four days of disruption.
The road was blocked after a dry landslide occurred at Guithebhir of Annapurna rural municipality-3 in Myagdi district. The road was obstructed by the landslide debris deposited on the highway since December 27.
The 76-kilometer-long road was opened for traffic after the landslide debris was cleared on Monday evening.
Vehicles bound to Jomsom from Beni and vice-versa were stranded after the obstruction of the road by a landslip.
Meanwhile, traffic along the Beni-Jomsom road is to be stopped for eight hours daily for carrying out upgrading and expansion works. Vehicles would be stopped from operating from 7.30 am to 11 am and from 2.30 pm to 6 pm, chief of Beni-Jomsom Road Upgrading Project, Mukunda Adhikari, said.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season