BBC Top Gear to Travel on Adventurous Roads of Nepal
London – One of popular factual television series of BBC 2 has announced that they are going to cover the tough and adventurous roads of Nepal.
The Christmas special will see the presenters setting out on one of the toughest road trips ever, as they take a voyage from Nepal’s capital Kathmandu to the Forbidden City of Lo Manthang, a secretive kingdom on the Tibetan plateau, on the far side of the Himalayas.
It will see Paddy McGuinness, Freddie Flintoff and Chris Harris battling river crossings, mudslides and mountain pass along the way – but in an added twist they’re swapping 4x4s for a very small Peugeot, a very small Renault and the only locally-built car in Nepal.
Top Gear is a British motoring magazine, factual television series, conceived by Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Wilman, launched on 20 October 2002 and broadcast in the United Kingdom on BBC Two. The program is a relaunched version of the original 1977 show of the same name, which looks at various motor vehicles, primarily cars. While the original format focused mainly on review of cars, the 2002 version expanded on this with motoring-based challenges, special races, timed laps of notable cars, and celebrity timed laps on a course specially-designed for the relaunched program, with its format developing over time to focus on a more quirky, humorous and sometimes controversial style of presentation. The program has received acclaim for its visual style and presentation, as well as criticism for its content.
When does Top Gear return for a new series?
The show will be back on screens sometime in 2020 although the date has yet to be confirmed.
Top Gear was reportedly renewed for another series after just one episode of the 2019 series, featuring new hosts Paddy, Freddie, and Chris – had aired back in the summer, with the new hosts proving very popular with viewers.
Source: South Asia Times
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season