Kathmandu – Carlos Soria Fontán, Oldest mountain climber a Spanish Mountain climber, a resident of Ávila, Spain, born on February 5, 1939, who is world recorder in the matter of Mountain climbing. He at77 years of age has taken up the challenge of becoming the oldest person in theworld to reach the summits of the 14 highest mountains in the world.
He has recorded with the oldest mountaineer to have ascended ten mountains of more than 8,000 meters after turning 60, and these mountains are successfully climbed the Cho Oyu (60 years old), Everest (62 years old), K2 (65 years old),Broad Peak (68), Makalu (69), Gasherbrum I (70), Manaslu (71 years old), Kanchenjunga (75 years old) and Annapurna (77 years old). And In October 2018, hehas been try Dhaulagiri for the ninth time in his life.
- Nanga Parbat (8.125 m.), Pakistán, 1990
- Gasherbrum II (8.035 m.), China/Pakistan, 1994
- Cho Oyu (8.201 m.), Nepal, 1999
- Everest (8.848 m.), Nepal, 2001
- K2 (8.611 m.), China/Pakistan, 2004
- Broad Peak (8.047 m.), China/Pakistan, 2007
- Makalu (8.465 m.), China/Nepal, 2008
- Gasherbrum I (8.068 m.), China/Pakistan, 2009
- Manaslu (8.156 m.), Nepal, 2010
- Lhotse (8.516 m.), China/Nepal, 2011
- Kanchenjunga (8.586 m.), Nepal, 2014
- Annapurna (8.091 m.), Nepal, 2016\
Photo Credit CARLOS SIRIA