5000 volunteers for Shivaratri
Kathmandu – The Pashupati Area Development Trust says it will mobilize around 5,000 volunteers in the service of thousands of visitors gathering at Pashupatinath Temple on the day of Shivaratri.
The annual Hindu festival is being celebrated this Friday.
The trust’s member-secretary Pradeep Dhakal says the volunteers will manage queues of the devotees. Besides the volunteers, hundreds of personnel from the National Investigation Department, Armed Police Force, and Nepal Police will be mobilized for security.
Meanwhile, the trust says the devotees will be kept in four queues on different sides of the temple on the day. The devotees will be required to return from the same direction.
The trust has also informed that it will prohibit the consumption of marijuana and hashish in the area on the day. As myths say that lord Shiva consumes such items, many youngsters visit the temple area on that day to consume marijuana.
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season