34 Domestic Airport Runways Blacktopped
Kathmandu – Of the total 55 domestic airports currently in operation across the country, the runways of 34 airports have been blacktopped.
According to a report unveiled by the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal on the occasion of its 21st anniversary, the blacktopping of the apron area (where the aircrafts are parked) and taxi areas (path connecting runways with apron) of small domestic airports such as in Doti, Saanfebagar, Dolpa (Jufal), Lamidanda, Thamkharka have been carried out while blacktopping of airports in Baitadi, Bajhang, Ilam, Gulmi Resunga and Kalikot is underway.
Similarly, the construction of big helipads in Lukla and Simikot has entered the final phase, the report stated.
Among the big domestic airports, overlay of runways in Biratnagar, Chandragadhi, Janakpur, Bharatpur, and Dhangadi airports have been completed, the report documented. These airports also saw the expansion of apron and taxi areas. At Nepalgunj airport, the overlay in the taxi area has been over.
“The CAAN has adopted the plan and policies to develop and expand the big domestic airports in a phase-wise manner,” said CAAN’s Director General Rajan Pokharel.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season