VNY 2020 to Inaugurate Simultaneously From Seven States
Kathmandu – The Visit Nepal Year 2020 would be inaugurated simultaneously from all the seven states besides Kathmandu. The Visit Year would be kicked off on January 1, 2020, from the Dasharath Stadium in Kathmandu and at all the states.
Addressing the Fifth Meeting of VNY 2020 Main Programme Committee here on Wednesday, Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Yogesh Kumar Bhattarai said all the states shall establish offices supporting the Visit Year. He said the decision has been made to set up such offices within one week with the objective of extending support to the VNY 2020 Secretariat.
On the occasion, Sudur Paschim State Government chief minister Trilochan Bhatta said the state government would do its level best to attract maximum tourists to the state by conducting various promotional programmes during the Visit Year. He called on the federal government to also coordinate with the state for making the Visit Year successful.
State 3 Government minister for industry, tourism, forest and environment, Arun Prasad Nepal said they have been running programmes related to tourism and conduct more such programmes in coordination with the federal government.
Karnali State Government minister for tourism Nanda Singh Budha said the Karnali government has also planned various tourism promotion programmes and activities to make the VNY 2020 a success.
Home Ministry secretary Prem Kumar Rai underlined the need of development of physical infrastructures for making the VNY 2020 successful.
Department of Immigration’s director-general Ishwar Raj Poudel said a jingle on Visit Year would be played in planes for two minutes before takeoff and landing of international flights.
Chief of the Army Staff Purna Chandra Thapa said the Nepali Army will implement eight programmes targeting the VNY. Inspector General of Nepal Police Sarbendra Khanal said the security would be strengthened in relation to the Visit Year.
President of Non-Resident Nepalis Asociation, Kumar Panta said bicycle bad car rallies have been planned for December 31 and January 1, 2020, in 83 countries for promotion of the Visit Nepal Year.
Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) senior vice-president Shekhar Golchha asserted that the private sector was vigorously working to make the Visit Year successful.
Visit Year Secretariat coordinator Suraj Baidya stressed that all Nepalis should be brought on board the Visit Nepal Year campaign. He said the Visit Year programmes would be set in coordination with the local and state governments. Baidya said all Nepalis would also be merged to visit the tourist destinations in the country, urging them for their commitment and participation in the Visit Nepal Year 2020.
“We will ask all visitors to fill in the blank map of Nepal pointing out the destinations they want to visit and make them sign up. We will then urge them to visit the places they have committed to visiting,” he said.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season