Skating and Ice Hockey in Gokyo Lake Everest
Kathmandu – Skating and Ice Hockey events are being organized by Nepal in Gokyo Lake of the Everest region on February 14, 2020.
A press conference was organized in Kathmandu to announce that the newly designed adventure and sports tourism product of the yearlong tourism promotional campaign will exhibit international figure skating event and a friendly Ice hockey match at the altitude of 4,790m to promote Nepal as a destination for winter sports and to promote Nepal for all reasons.
The event will feature alpine figure skaters, avid climbers, ice hockey trainers, and adventure enthusiasts, according to the secretariat. Olympians from the US and Canada, including Jeremy Abbott of the US – the 2008 Grand Prix Final champion, Patrick Chan of Canada – a former competitive figure skater and a 2018 Olympic gold medalist in the team event, Elizabeth Putnam of Canada – a former competitive pair skater, Matej Silecky of the US – a member of the 2012 US Collegiate Figure Skating Champion team, Junior Men, Nick Kalisz – an ice hockey player and filmmaker, and Laura Kottlowski of the US, a figure skating gold medalist are participating in the event.
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season