Nepal Begins Census of Birds
Nawalpur – A census of birds at all national parks, reserves and protected areas of the nation has begun. Although the census was said to be started from Saturday, it began from Monday due to unfavorable weather.
Former chairperson of World Education Society, Chitwan, Basu DC, said that the counting of birds at all national parks, protected and reserve areas of the nation including wetlands of the Chitwan National Park have begun at the same time. The census of birds is carried out from January 4-19 every year.
The bird census is being carried out at 65 places this year. He said that separate teams would conduct a census of waterbirds at Narayani river bank, Rapti riverbank, and Chitwan National Park. DC said, “The bird census has begun from Kumroj community forest of the Chitwan National Park.”
Similarly, former chair of Society, Tika Giri, said that the census of waterbirds at Vidyanagar and Reukhola of Madi would be carried out this time. Cameras, binoculars, and telescopes have been used in course of carrying out the census. A total of 150 species of water birds were found at the Chitwan National Park and its surrounding areas in course of bird census last year. A total of 22 teams have been deployed for bird census.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season