Bharatpur Airport to Remain Shut for 10 Days
Chitwan – Bharatpur Airport in Chitwan is being closed for 10 days for runway overlay and construction of additional parking bays. According to the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal’s office in Bharatpur, the airport will remain shut from December 1 till December 10.
Chief of the airport, Pawan Gautam, says that all airline operators have been informed about the closure of the airport for the 10 days. The initial plan was to fly half of the daily flights. However, the airline operators felt that if work was done in one go, it would be completed much quicker, he informs.
The runway if being overlaid as it has a few potholes which can cause accidents, informs the project in-charge Himjyoti Thapa.
Thapa says that they cannot work during the night as locals oppose the idea. According to him, the locals have told them not to bring asphalt from Jugedi during the dark.
The runway has not been overlaid for the past two decades. Now it is important to do it, also considering the Visit Nepal Year 2020, he states.
Gautam, however, informs that an alternate runway is being readied for emergency flights. “The Meghauli Airport in west Chitwan can be used for that. We are cutting the grass and working on it now,” shares Gautam, adding that helicopters could land at Bhatarpur Airport itself.
The total cost of the project is around Rs 442 million.
READ MORE . . . .. .
- Best Trekking Season In Nepal: Visit Nepal Year 2020
- Rara National Park: Best Trekking Zone of Nepal
- Tsum Valley Trekking Known as a Sacred Pilgrimage Valley
- Mardi Himal Trekking: Right Destination for Festive Holiday
- Pattale Higher than Everest: Best Himalayan Tours
MOST LIKED TREKKING ROUTE
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek: Nepal Tourism
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: A Unique Trans-Himalayan ecosystem
- Visit Nepal Year 2020: Why should you visit Nepal in 2019?
- 10 Popular Destinations in Western Part of Nepal Is Nepal Safe To Travel In This Year?
POPULAR TREKKING AREAS
- Dhampus Australian Camp Trek: Glorious Himalayan Viewpoint Trek
- Kailash Manasarovar, Sacred Place: Don’t Miss to Visit This Year
- Khaptad National Park: Best Land for Eco-Tourism
- Sagarmatha National Park: UNESCO World Heritage site of Nepal
- Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park: Easily Accessible From Kathmandu
- How can you get Tourist Visa for Nepal? Process is Here
- 10 Domestic Travel Destinations: Where you can make your trip in this Season